- Additional information
- DELIVERY INFO
- Reviews (0)
Pro Ferrum is not a traditional oil – it is a new superfluid which serves as both a cleaner and lubricant that is suitable for use on air rifles. Pro Ferrum protects guns and prevents rust. It comes in three sizes, with the 50ml bottle ideal for taking out on shoot days while the larger sizes are stored at home. It is the only oil in the world that absorbs water. This wet drying ability means water is absorbed by oil even from the smallest cavities. Its ultra-fine formula is designed to adhere to sprayed surfaces leaving a protective film inside and outside of barrels and on actions. Better still it is completely safe to be used on wood and other materials too without damaging or affecting their finish. The lubricating properties of Pro Ferrum are such that it doesn’t bind with grit or sand to form abrasive compounds which could damage the workings of an air gun, and will break down old oil and grease deposits with ease.
How it works
On wet surfaces the fluid encapsulates water; emulsifying it and removing it from surfaces it is applied to. The fluid itself is so fine it is superbly effective at penetrating and removing fouling and baked on residues in seconds. It neutralises acids from fingerprints and will dissolve the initial formation of rust and replace it with an anti-corrosion layer.
Pro Ferrum is not a traditional oil, it is a complex fluid. Complex fluids are based on a variety of active ingredients which form a complex molecular compound. This compound is outstandingly efficient in dissolving powder residue, encapsulating water, protecting and lubricating metal. Due to its rapid spreading properties Pro Ferrum penetrates and breaks up baked-on residues. Pro Ferrum neutralises acids from fingerprints, dissolves the initial formation of rust and replaces it with an anti-corrosion layer. All ingredients are gentle to the skin (Dermatest certified) and to other non-ferrous materials. Pro Ferrum prevents microbial attacks by natural plant extracts, but when mixed with water, it is readily biodegradable and environmentally friendly. Pro Ferrum does not contain silicone oils or fluoro-polymers. Such oils and agents should never be used on guns as they may damage the finish.
Pro Ferrum is designed to spread out over surfaces and create a fine film similar to a superfluid: it forms a thin film and continues to creep over any surface and penetrate even the finest gaps. This is a significant difference to ordinary gun oils, which have limited penetrating properties requiring careful application to ensure all surfaces are covered.
When sprayed on a wet surface, like on a barrel in the rain, Pro Ferrum, breaks down the water into tiny droplets and encapsulates them and a yellowish emulsion occurs. A second spray of Pro Ferrum replaces this emulsion with an oil film, which protects the metal from any further attacks of oxidation.
Pro Ferrum has excellent cleaning properties. It penetrates and lifts undesired residues and protects the material underneath. Pro Ferrum dissolves rust quickly and as an indication, the colour of the fluid changes to orange. – Brass, Tombac and Lead: bullets leave a layer of residue in the barrel. Pro-Ferrum dissolves these metallic residues each time it is applied after shooting. As an indication, the colour of oil becomes green or grey.
– Iron and Steel four-stage effectiveness:
1. The first stage of effective metal protection is to clean the areas vulnerable to early corrosion. Blued finishes are especially prone to converting sweat, fingerprints or humidity into rust.
2. The second stage is to build up an active neutralising layer. Sweat and acids from powder residues are neutralised by Pro Ferrum.
3. The third stage is to block the rust-active spots by neutralising their electrochemical potential and by capturing free ions. Pro Ferrum covers these spots with hydrophobic, water-repellent working agents. The protection is intensified every time Pro Ferrum is applied.
4. The forth stage is the protection of the metal with a thin layer of oil, in order to prevent water and acids from coming into contact with the metal surface.
– Copper, Brass and Bronze: Protecting these is not quite as important as with ferrous metals, however, avoiding them is key to maintaining the aesthetic of the metal. Pro Ferrum contains special anti-corrosion properties for these metals.
• Leather: Being skin friendly, Pro Ferrum does not damage leather like some traditional oils, in fact, it softens even brittle leather and recovers its flexibility.
• Wood: Pro Ferrum can be used in small quantities for wooden stocks. With a few drops onto a soft cloth, then applied to the stock, you will be rewarded with a refreshed, shiny appearance.
• Plastics: Plastics and polymers used for firearms are usually robust materials, but some plastics tend to degrade when exposed to UV-light. Pro Ferrum can reduce this ageing by providing a protective barrier and antioxidants.
Pro Ferrum lubricates all parts of a gun by forming a thin oil layer. This layer is sufficient for smooth operation but it will not bind grit or sand to form an abrasive compound.
50ML, 100ML, 200ML
Understanding our delivery service as it is important to select the correct one for you.
ACCESSORIES DELIVERY £6.00
Products that are NOT rifles/pistols, sent via a courier service.
BUY AND COLLECT £0.00
Pick up by you from our London shop.
RFD DELIVERY £20.00
We send the rifle/pistol to your local gun shop for you to collect.
AIR GUN DELIVERY from £20.00
This is our own service, delivering air rifles and air pistols to your door
For more information about delivery costs please see our delivery page.
If you have an air rifle or pistol in this order you will need to supply your photo ID for us to process your order ready for delivery. If you have shooting accessories including ammo or archery products you do not need to supply an ID. If you need help with uploading your ID please contact our support team.
If you have selected RFD delivery to a gun store near you, they will charge you a small admin fee that is not under the control of Just Air Guns. We recommend that you contact your local gun store to find out how much this will be before ordering RFD delivery from Just Air Guns.